Nothing says good health like glowing skin. The best way to ensure that, of course, is a good daily skincare routine. Just a little effort, a few minutes per day, can take years off your skin and make you feel so much better.
Your first port of call should be a skincare specialist, or a dermatologist, if you have actual concerns. A good skincare expert will help you determine your skin type, give you skincare and lifestyle advice specific to your skin type and recommend the right products.
When your skin looks fresh and radiant, you will feel healthier and happier too! But it works the other way around as well. A healthy diet not only makes you feel more energized and lighter, it also has countless benefits for your skin.
These foods can boost your skin’s radiance:
- Fatty acids like Omega 3 and 6 can improve dry skin and also reduce blemishes. Find these in food sources like extra virgin olive oil, fish and nuts.
- Seleniumcan protect your skin from damage from free radicals and it has anti-oxidant properties.
- Vitamin A can reduce dry flaky skin and also helps to hydrate skin.
- Vitamins C & E can protect your skin against sun damage and inflammation.
- Zinc helps with acne and inflammation.
These tips will help ensure healthy-looking skin:
- Your skin is the largest organ and you are what you eat – so don’t let your skin suffer due to a bad diet.
- Don’t overdo it – don’t use too much product on your skin as it can only absorb a limited amount.
- Smokers need to take extra vitamin C, as it is essential for the production of collagen and elastin.
- Look after your skin by sticking to a daily skincare routine and always slap on the sunblock.
- Hydrate to protect your skin from moisture loss, especially in hot, dry climates.
- Feed your skin from the inside and the outside – use topical products that are rich in vitamins and minerals and also supplement your body with the right foods, rich in anti-oxidants and supplements.
- Do not over cleanse, as you don’t want to eliminate any natural essential oils. Cleanse morning and evening and use a scrub once or twice a week for a deeper exfoliation.
- Always use sun protection, wear sunglasses and a hat and try to stay in the shade when you are outdoors.
We recommend the following products for Healthy skin
- Vichy Idealia Life Serum
- Clarins Multi-active Day and Night
- Zinplex problem skin formula
- Imedeen prime renewal tablets
- Vichy Thermal Spa Water
- Decleor Hydra Flora multiprotection cream
- Bioderma Photoderm Sunblock
- Payot Demaq exfoliating cream
If you need additional information, or would like to consult a Skincare specialist, you are welcome to contact or visit Jeanette (one of our top beauty experts at our Tyger Valley store) or any of our Beauty Consultants or Pharmacists. New products are being introduced to the market all the time, so it does help to consult someone who is on top of all the latest advantages and options.
This is your moment to shine, embrace it with all you have! Happy and healthy will look great on you!