Don’t skip your training this winter. Get yourself geared up and ready and make sure your body and mind stays in shape all year round.
Firstly, get a set of rollers or a trainer to set up in front of the TV.
Lactate Tolerance Training Interval
- 15 minute warm up with one 2 minute effort fairly HARD (25% over your lactate threshold) and then back down again.
- 4 minutes effort fairly HARD (just above LT wattage) to make sure you are warmed up
- rest 2 minutes, then 3 minutes HARD (just over your MAP – maximum aerobic power)
- rest 2 minutes and 2 minutes HARD (just over your MAP)
- 2 minute rest 1 minute VERY HARD (over your MAP as hard as you can go)
- 2 minutes rest 2 minutes HARD (just over your MAP)
- 2 minute rest 3 minutes HARD (just over your MAP)
- then recover for 2 minutes
- 4 minutes at just below lactic threshold
- cool-down for 10 minutes
These are great to build up your lactate tolerance.
These intervals will hit your VO2Max zone and get you more comfortable riding in this neighborhood of pain. After a while you’ll start to notice that you’re recovering better and staying in these zones for longer.
- 10 minutes warm-up just spinning the legs getting the blood flowing
- One 5 minute interval at 110% of LT
- 5 minutes of easy spinning to recover before we get to the good stuff…
- 6 x 3 minutes trying to average the highest power you can in the 3 minutes. REST for 3 minutes between each.
- Rest and spin easily for 10 minutes after the 6×3 minute intervals are complete.
- Now, 4 x 2 minutes with 4 minutes rest between each. These are HARD 2 minute efforts.
- Cool-down for 10 minutes. You won’t be able to walk after this session. I’ve rarely finished one of these in its entirety.
They’re not hard enough to break you down and cause muscle damage. They simply recruit the muscles that will be used tomorrow and get them firing.
Easy spinning for 10 minutes
- 3 x 1 minute hard, with 5 minutes of easy riding between each.
- 3 x 30 seconds hard sprints, with 5 minutes between.
- Cool down and spin easily for 15mins.
For any other Sport supplement enquiries, please don’t hesitate to consult our well trained Sports Nutritionist or Health Experts.