Make-up can make all the difference in defining your eyes, but where does one start?
Here are some easy eye make-up tips to give you striking, gorgeous looking eyes.
And remember, don’t be afraid to experiment. Creativity is your best make-up skill.”
Here are some basic eye make-up tips to get the look:
- Remember that the skin around your eyes is very sensitive, so always make sure you treat this area very gently.
- Always use make-up remover to ensure that the area is clean before you apply your eyeliner and eye shadow.
- Use a good eye cream or gel to prevent ageing around the eyes or to help with puffiness and dark circles.
- In order to get the perfect eyeliner line, keep your eyes open and look straight into the mirror
- Apply the eyeliner as close to the lash line as possible, so that it can blend with your natural lash line.
- To create a smoky eye look always use a pencil eyeliner which you can smudge with your fingers.
- Mascara should be applied from the roots of your lashes and not the tips. This will increase volume.
- Avoid smudging by placing a piece of tissue paper under your lower lashes when applying mascara to your lower lashes.
- Replace your mascara every 3 to 4 months.
- Only use an eyelash curler on semi-wet eyelashes and not dry. Curling your eye lashes will make your eyes look bigger.
- Give your lashes a couple of coats with mascara to avoid a clumpy look.
- Always start your eyeshadow application with an eye primer or eye base, as your eyeshadow will then last longer
- Always use good quality eye brushes, as they will last longer and blend better.
- Don’t overdo your eye shadow during the day. Opt for a softer and natural look, but add some colour to glam up your eyes at night.
- Apply a lighter colour eye shadow on the inner corner of the eye, as this will make the eyes look more open and brighter.
- Conceal any blemishes or dark circles under your eyes with a concealer.
Remember to never sleep with your make-up on. Always use an eye make-up remover and cleanser to make sure you clean all your make-up before you go to bed. The best time for your skin to rejuvenate and regenerate new cells is at night, so slap on your night cream, eye cream and serum and give your face a boost while you sleep. The extreme weather conditions during winter can result in flaky, dry and dehydrated skin. Add extra moisture during winter and spoil yourself with a face mask and exfoliation once a week. Remember to never exfoliate or apply a face mask too close to the eyes, as this might cause irritation.
These products come highly recommended:
- Vichy idealia eye cream
- Vichy eye make-up remover
- Elizabeth Arden eye shadows
- Elizabeth Arden ceramide mascara
- Clarins eye contour balm
- Clarins eye brow pencil
- Essence smoky eye pencil
- Essence liquid eye liner
- Essence eye shadow quarto
- Makeover mascara
For more information on make-up and overall skincare, please consult any of our skincare experts, or contact Sandra at our Durbell Okavango branch on (021) 9871250