Durbell Pharmacy Panorama is very pleased to add a new Occupational Therapy Service to our list of offerings, as we believe that boosts our promise of health and wellness even further.
Extra help and expertise offered by the Occupational Therapy Practice include, but are not limited to:
- Hand and Upper Limb Rehabilitation: This includes ALL rehabilitation with regard to fractures, tendon repairs/sprains, carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, cubital tunnel syndrome, basically anything concerning a patient’s hand/arm.
- Lymphoedema and Chronic Venous Insufficiency/Venous Ulcers: Compression bandaging, manual lymph drainage, exercises, skin care and education regarding both conditions. These rapidly decrease lymphoedema and the healing time of ulcers.
- Wound Care: Healable, non-healable and maintenance wounds. (Diabetes, ulcers etc.) We incorporate specialised dressings and techniques.
- Rehabilitation back into the home post hospitalisation: This includes therapies post stroke, joint replacements or any traumatic hospitalisation.
- Dementia-related psychiatric assessments and therapy: To assist you with decisions regarding medications and incorporate therapies to alleviate or compensate for certain behaviours.
- Home Assessments: to ensure any need for assisting devices such as hand rails, raised toilet seat, bathroom renovations, wheelchair ramps, etc.
- Functional Assessments: To determine a patient’s level of functioning within a particular environment. We often help families with the decision to move into the Health Care Centre/Retirement Village/Home or not.
- Cognitive Therapy: This is provided individually, or in groups of 4-6 depending on the numbers. We help improve memory, concentration, attention, decision making, problem-solving skills, abstract thought, give residents a sense of purpose and improve socialisation.
This practice is run by experienced Occupational Therapists who prioritise the latest modalities while emphasising patient care. For more information or to book an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact Jennifer on 082 563 5410 or Tamryn on 079 037 5820 or email us at email@example.com.